Grilled Porterhouse Steak
* 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
* 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
* 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
* 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
* 1 tablespoon chopped oregano
* Salt and freshly ground pepper
* 2 medium zucchini, sliced on the diagonal 1/3 inch thick
* 1 red onion, sliced 1/3 inch thick
* 1 red bell pepper, cored and quartered
* 1/4 pound shiitake mushrooms, stemmed
* 1 pound asparagus
* 1 bunch(es) scallions, roots trimmed and bottom 6 inches only
* 2 1-inch-thick porterhouse steaks, 1 pound each
Light a charcoal grill. In a small bowl, whisk the olive oil with the lemon juice, red wine
vinegar, mustard and oregano and season with salt and pepper. Transfer half of the dressing to
a large bowl. Add the zucchini, onion, red bell pepper, mushrooms, asparagus and scallions.
Season the vegetables with salt and pepper and toss.
In a perforated grill pan, grill the vegetables over high heat, tossing, until charred in spots, 10
minutes; return to the bowl, add the remaining dressing and toss.
Season the steaks generously with salt and pepper. Grill the steaks over high heat, turning
occasionally, about 11 minutes for medium-rare meat. Transfer the steaks to a carving board
and let rest for 5 minutes. Slice the meat from the bones and serve with the grilled vegetables.
Makes 4 Servings