Grilled Chicken Quesadillas
* 1 (15.5 oz.) can black beans, drained and rinsed
* 3 1/2 cups shredded, cooked rotisserie chicken, skin removed
* 6 ounces grated Monterey Jack
* 1/4 cup sliced pickled jalapeņo chilies, chopped
* 4 (10-inch) flour tortillas
Preheat oven to 200°F and line a large baking sheet with foil or parchment. Place beans in a
large bowl and use a potato masher or fork to mash them slightly. Add chicken, cheese and
jalapeņos and stir to combine. Season with salt.
Place 1 tortilla on a work surface and spread a quarter of chicken mixture over half of tortilla.
Fold other half of tortilla over to form a half-moon, pressing firmly. Repeat with remaining
chicken mixture and tortillas.
Warm a ridged grill pan or a 12-inch skillet over medium heat. Cook 1 quesadilla at a time,
turning carefully once, until cheese is melted and tortillas are golden, 2 to 4 minutes per side.
Transfer grilled quesadilla to prepared baking sheet and place in oven to keep warm. Repeat
with remaining quesadillas. When all quesadillas are grilled, cut each into 4 wedges and
Makes 4 Servings