Chicken Caesar Burgers
* 1 lemon
* 2 anchovy fillets, minced
* 1 small garlic clove, minced
* 1/3 cup(s) light mayonnaise
* 1/2 cup(s) freshly grated Parmesan cheese
* 1 large heart of romaine lettuce
* 1 tablespoon(s) olive oil
* Salt and ground black pepper
* 1 1/4 pound(s) ground chicken or turkey
* Nonstick cooking spray
* 4 (4" by 4") squares focaccia bread (1 inch thick), each split horizontally in half and toasted
1. Prepare outdoor grill for direct grilling over medium heat.
2. From lemon, grate 1 teaspoon peel and squeeze 2 tablespoons juice. In small bowl, stir
together lemon peel and juice, anchovies, garlic, mayonnaise, and 1/4 cup Parmesan. Set
Caesar sauce aside. Makes about 1/2 cup.
3. Cut romaine heart lengthwise into quarters. Place romaine and any loose leaves on plate;
drizzle with oil and sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon salt.
4. In medium bowl, combine chicken, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon pepper, and remaining
Parmesan just until blended. Shape into four 3/4-inch-thick burgers. Spray both sides of burgers
with nonstick spray.
5. Place burgers on hot grill rack; cook 12 to 14 minutes or just until meat loses its pink color
throughout, turning over once. Burgers should reach internal temperature of 170 degrees F.
6. About 5 minutes before burgers are done, add romaine to grill rack. Grill about 5 minutes or
until lightly browned and softened, turning occasionally and transferring romaine to platter as
they are done.
7. Serve burgers on focaccia with romaine and Caesar sauce.
Makes 4 Servings